Effective Date: February 1, 2020
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS: CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (“CCPA”)
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
In addition, the terms below provide you with the information to enable you correct, update, review, or delete your PII and how to communicate your request to us.
Under the CCPA, a California resident has Privacy Rights that enable each resident a:
(1) Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold.
- Under the CCPA, you have the right to request that we inform you about what PII we collect, use, disclose, and sell that belongs to you. For reference, PII does not include: (i) publicly available information from government records; (ii) de-identified or aggregated consumer information; (iii) information excluded from the CCPA’s scope such as medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996; (iv) personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including, but not limited to, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, California Financial Information Privacy Act, or the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
- You may submit a verifiable request to invoke your rights under CCPA to us via our email at email@example.com or by phone at 818-800-0000. In order to fulfill this request, we are required to verify your identify and we will require that you verify and confirm your PII that we have collected.
(2) Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information.
- You have a right to request the deletion of your PII that we have collected or have maintained in the past 12 months.
- You may submit a verifiable request to invoke your rights under CCPA to us via our email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 818-800-0000. In order to fulfill this request, we are required to verify your identify and we will require that you verify and confirm your PII that we have collected. Upon verification of your PII, we will disclose to you the following: i. the categories of PII that we collected about you; ii. the categories of the sources for the PII that we collected about you; iii. our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that PII; and iv. the categories of third-parties with whom we shared your PII.
(3) Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information.
You have the right to opt-out (aka unsubscribe) of any sale of your PII by a business. However, if you are using our services or this Website, this is an exemption from the CCPA.
You may submit a verifiable request to invoke your rights under CCPA to us via the our email at email@example.com or by phone at 818-800-0000. In order to fulfill this request, we are required to verify your identify and we will require that you verify and confirm your PII that we have collected.
(4) Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights.
You have a right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of these privacy rights under the CCPA.
(5) Authorized Agent.
(6) Limitations on Requests/ Response Time and Response Format.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access two (2) times within a twelve (12) month period. We will use our reasonable efforts to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will disclose to you the basis for the extension.
(7) Contact Us.
Should you need to reach us, please utilize our email: firstname.lastname@example.org or you may contact us by phone at 818-800-0000.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect PII from you when you register or when you contact us. Personal information we collect may include, without limitation, name, birth date, home and/or mobile telephone numbers, personal email address, and mailing and/or home address.
When you visit the Website, we may collect certain non-personal information from you, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the date and time of your visit, browser type, operating system, the specific web pages visited during your connection, and the domain name from which you accessed the Website. In addition, we may collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time you visit the Website, the areas or pages of the Website that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Website, the number of times you return to the Website and other clickstream data. We may also use non-personal information for statistical analysis, research, and other purposes.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We may also use web beacons on the Website, in our emails and in our advertisements on other websites. Web beacons are tiny graphic images that are used to collect information about your Website visit, such as the pages you view and the features you use, as well as information about whether you open and/or act upon one of our emails or advertisements. We may also collect the URL of the website you visited immediately before coming to the Website. Web beacons help us analyze our Website visitors’ behavior and measure the effectiveness of the Website and our advertising. We may work with service providers that help us track, collect and analyze this information.
We may combine the non-personal information we collect, such as through cookies and web beacons, with other information we have collected from you.
Use of Information
If you do not wish to receive communications from us about offers and promotions, you can opt-out of receiving these communications by calling us at (818) 800-0000, emailing us at email@example.com, or by following the instructions in the messages you receive.
Disclosure of Information
We take reasonable and appropriate security precautions to secure the PII that you choose to provide against the loss, misuse, alteration, or unauthorized access of such information. Unfortunately, no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security or confidentiality of any personal Information you transmit to us.
You agree that your access to and use of this Website and your use of Phonexa’s services—which necessarily includes data storage and data transmission—are done at your own risk.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
Phonexa retains the submitted or collected personal information on this Website as needed to perform Phonexa’s Services, to comply with legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce agreements. If you wish to correct factual errors in your personal information, or to update any portions of your user profile, please contact us using the contact information below.
We do not direct the Website to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of eighteen (18). You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to become a Network Member.
Third Party Websites