Get in touch! We are available 24/7.
Generating over $120 billion in ad revenues for at least 10 million advertisers, Facebook is an inexhaustible source of income for a call-reliant business. As 65% of customers would rather contact you by calling, Facebook call ads can revolutionize your lead generation campaign.
Numbers don’t lie:
- Calls register a 30-50% higher conversion rate than clicks, which only convert at 1-2%.
- Calls last 16 times longer than on-site interactions.
- Up to 8% of mobile users are likely to click on an ad with a phone number.
Facebook call ads can tremendously affect your call conversions and, ultimately, your bottom line, but only if you synergize the capabilities of the world’s most popular social network and your call processing techniques.
With no further ado, let’s dissect Facebook call ads and how you can use them to generate and convert more callers.
Three Easy Steps to Leveraging Your Facebook Call Ads
Facebook call ads are profitable and easy to manage. You can streamline your phone calls from Facebook ads in three steps:
- Set up click-to-call ads to connect users directly to your sales department.
- Use Facebook targeting to hit the right audience with the right ads at the right time.
- Integrate call tracking software to measure and improve your performance.
Let’s go through each of these steps in detail, starting with how to set up Facebook click-to-call ads.
Step 1. Set Up Click-to-Call Ads on Facebook
Whether you want to encourage people to learn more, schedule an appointment, or buy from you on the spot, you can do it in two ways:
- Using Facebook’s click-to-call ads.
- Using Facebook’s call extension ads.
Facebook Click-to-Call Ads
Offering a direct call to your business, Facebook click-to-call ads engage callers without exposing them to your website – and any other intermediary steps that could have triggered a bounce – generating more calls.
- When a user clicks the “Call Now” button on a click-to-call ad, they are one click away from calling you as your business number is already integrated into the ad (they don’t have to type your number manually).
Source: Facebook Business
Facebook click-to-call ads connect callers directly to your business, omitting any other – possibly harmful – interaction points. Click-to-call ads can target various demographics, psychographics, the proximity of the caller to your physical store, and more.
Facebook Call Extension Ads
Call extension ads transfer customers to your website, where the Call Now ad shows at the bottom of the screen.
- With call extension ads, users don’t commit to a phone call immediately but can study your website first to understand whether they want to proceed with the call.
If, however, they opted for a call, they would already have your business number prefilled the way it works with click-to-call ads.
Click here for a step-by-step guide to creating your call extension ad.
Step 2. Use Facebook Targeting
Delivering your ads to the right people at the right time is vital to growing your Facebook call conversions. To target Facebook ads more precisely, do the following:
- Define your core audience: Learning your core audience makes it possible to personalize your Facebook call ads based on five main criteria:
- Demographics: age, gender, income, education, marital status, religion, home ownership, etc.
- Location: country, city, state, and the proximity to your physical store. If you are targeting local customers with your Facebook call ads campaign, you can use a local phone number with which the prospects can identify.
- Interests: hobbies, interests, motivations, etc.
- Behavior: devise usage, history of purchases, etc. For example, targeting mobile is the most successful tactic with Facebook call ads, as 45% of all ad calls result from mobile searches.
- Connections: connection to your Facebook Page, events, etc.
Likewise, you can schedule your ads based on time. For example, for a restaurant business, you can release your ads a few hours before dinner, so prospects looking for take-outs would have enough time to take action.
On top of that, you can test different versions of your click-to-call ads to determine which one generates more calls. Next, you can tweak your best-performing ads for even more conversions.
- Reconnect with high-intent users: Facebook’s Custom Audiences can help you find people familiar with your business, whether from your website, customer lists, app traffic, or engagement across Meta technologies.
- Click to learn more about website custom audiences.
- Click to learn more about app activity customer audiences.
- Click to learn more about customer list custom audiences.
- Click to learn more about engagement custom audiences.
Engaging with high-intent users is much easier than advertising to strangers.
- Expand to the like-minders: Facebook’s Lookalike Audiences can help you find people with interests similar to your customers’ interests, refreshing your audience every 3 to 7 days.
Step 3. Integrate Call Tracking for Precise Facebook Advertising Conversion Tracking
Facebook allows you to measure impressions, Facebook Call Now ads clicks, and total spending, which is far from the comprehensive analysis you need. For example, you can’t know how many clicks resulted in calls and conversions.
- Luckily, you can collect every bit of call data with call tracking software.
Among other things, call tracking software can record a customer’s call and other valuable data points:
- Caller’s name and phone number.
- Time and duration of the call.
- Calls generated by a specific ad and then converted.
Together withcall analytics, call tracking can effectively dissect the caller’s journey, including the specific ad that triggered the call and whether the call resulted in a sale.
Types of Phone Numbers for Facebook Ads
|Local Numbers||International Numbers|
|For local ads: 86% of callers would rather choose a local business||Toll-Free Numbers||Vanity Numbers (844-Phonexa)||Toll-Free Vanity Numbers|
|For free-of-charge calls within international campaigns||For imprinting the brand into the callers’ minds||Free-of-charge vanity numbers|
Among static and dynamic phone numbers, you need dynamic call tracking numbers for online campaigns. Dynamic numbers and the Dynamic Number Insertion (DNI) technology enable connecting an ad source to a particular caller while complying with the NAP (name, address, phone number) policy.
To learn more about call tracking, contact Phonexa at (800) 479-0137 or submit your request online.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Facebook Call Ads?
Facebook and Instagram call ads enable one-click calls to your business, generating high-intent leads at a low cost.
What is the Best Audience for Facebook Call Ads?
Mobile users are the best audience for targeting Facebook call ads:
- 81.8% of users access Facebook from a mobile phone.
- 16.7% use both their PC and mobile phone.
- 1.5% use their PC only.
What is the Expected Facebook Ad Performance?
The average Facebook ad performance benchmarks across all industries are:
- Click-through rate – 0.9%
- Conversion rate – 9.21%
- Cost-per-click – $0.5
The performance varies depending on the industry and your targeting skills.
How To Track Calls from Call Facebook Ads?
You can track Facebook calls using Facebook’s tracking system or your call tracking software for much deeper click-to-call tracking, dissecting the caller’s journey from A to Z.
How to Track Sales from Facebook Ads?
You can track sales from Facebook Ads using call tracking software like Phonexa, knowing how many calls each ad generates and converts.
Why Is Tracking Phone Calls on Facebook Necessary?
Tracking phone calls on Facebook helps you understand your audience to improve the customer journey and your inbound call marketing.
What are Facebook Ads objectives?
When placing ads on Facebook, you can’t create CTA buttons at will but must choose from a list of ads provided by Facebook. All Facebook ad call-to-action buttons are divided according to business objectives, as shown in the table below.
|Awareness||Apply Now, Book Now, Call Now, Contact Us, Download, Get Directions, Get Quote, Get Showtimes, Learn More, Listen Now, Order Now, Request Time, Save, See Menu, Send Message, Send WhatsApp Message, Shop Now, Sign Up, Subscribe, Watch More|
|App Promotion||Book Now, Download, Install Now, Learn More, Pay Game, Shop Now, Sign Up, Subscribe, Use App, Watch More|
The only CTA allowed to advertise calls is “Call Now,” which can be used for traffic and engagement campaigns.
How to Create a Custom Conversion on Facebook?
1. Go to Events Manager ->Customer Conversions ->Create Custom Conversion.
2. Add a Name and Description to your conversion.
3. Select the Data Source and Conversion Event from the drop-down menus.
4. For monetary conversions, enter a Conversion Value.
5. Click “Create” to create a custom conversion.
Custom conversions are required to separate a particular conversion event from the rest so you can track and optimize it independently. Click here for a detailed guide (with pictures) on how to create a custom conversion on Facebook.