How to Track Your Business Calls on Google
Have you implemented a marketing campaign and want to know whether or not it’s leading to a positive ROI? Use call tracking.
Call tracking empowers you to know what campaign channels are driving certain calls to your business. If you have a Google My Business (GMB) listing, you should track the incoming calls to determine where your leads are originating from.
Google Analytics provides considerable insight into the performance of your marketing techniques and the origin of the calls made to your business listing number. Unfortunately, there is a lot more you are missing out on if that is the only platform you are using. This is where call tracking comes in.
With call tracking software, you can gather important data such as when a call was made, the duration of the call, how the customer support team handled the call, and more. All these insights are critical to improving your bottom line.
Before you start tracking calls, ensure your GMB profile is updated and accurate.
How to Update Your GMB Profile
It is important to ensure your GMB profile has a working tracking number. Updating your profile with a phone number is a straightforward process. However, there are a number of things you should keep in mind before editing your listing.
Here is how to correctly edit your GMB phone number:
- Follow this link https://www.google.com/business/ to get into the dashboard of your GMB profile.
- On the left panel, go to the Info tab and click on “edit.”
- Click the pencil mark to edit the phone numbers.
- From there, you will see two options for adding a primary and additional phone number. Fill the primary field with your tracking number
- After that, fill the additional section with your business phone number. Be careful not to interchange the values for the two fields.
- Finally, click apply to make the changes live.
With your tracking number set, your GMB listing will always be connected to it.
Why Track GMB Phone Calls
Call tracking is an invaluable tactic that can be implemented across various business marketing campaigns. The activity allows you to understand the progress and performance of your campaigns, giving you data such as:
- The geographic area where calls are originating from
- Number of calls made
- The marketing campaigns registering the most calls
Once you set up call tracking, you can know which campaigns are generating results. You can also evaluate your ads, keywords, landing pages, and other marketing aspects to determine their impact on your lead generation efforts. With this data in your hands, you can prioritize ad spend and tweak your marketing campaigns for the best results.
How Phonexa Helps With Call Tracking
Phonexa takes your call tracking ability to a whole new level. The software has a range of features, including call routing and queuing, that boost the effectiveness of your lead generation efforts. Phonexa is the ultimate solution to your tracking challenges. Schedule a free demo to get an exclusive look at our call tracking and analytics software.