What Is a Call Tracking System?
Call tracking is a system that tracks and sorts information about incoming phone calls. It helps you know who is calling your business and which campaigns are driving those calls. Phone call tracking is the process that attributes phone calls to specific marketing channels such as SEO, pay-per-call, and other online and offline campaigns. Through call tracking software, marketers can know which marketing campaigns are generating more ROI and can optimize those campaigns accordingly.
Call tracking system gathers the following information:
- The number from which you received a call
- The geographical location of inbound calls
- The source of your calls – which marketing campaign generated the calls
- The time and duration of inbound calls
- The number of calls your business receives
Problems a Call Tracking System Can Solve
Caller tracking software can help you overcome a number of marketing challenges. Here are some marketing problems that a phone call tracking system can solve:
- Which Marketing Channels Drive Calls – By associating a unique phone number with each of your marketing channels, you can identify which campaign generated each phone call.
- Which Keywords Drive Calls – Keyword level call tracking helps you know which keywords are generating calls. It tracks your PPC visitors and the keywords they used to find your business online.
- Whether Calls Are Coming from Qualified Leads – Call recording helps you analyze whether calls are coming from qualified leads or not. This helps you make changes in your campaign and follow up with qualified leads on a priority basis.
- Identifying Areas for Improvement – Call recording provides a lot of information and insights into call representatives that can help you identify opportunities and areas of improvement. This will help you improve your sales calls, product features, customer service, and more.
- Increasing Marketing ROI – Call tracking helps you track the performance of your marketing campaign and identify which campaigns are performing well and which are not. You can adjust your marketing strategy accordingly to increase marketing ROI.
Methods of Call Tracking
There are 4 methods of call tracking. They are:
- Call-back function – A useful web-based feature that provides customers with convenience. The users provide their phone number on the website and want a callback. The call back is arranged and often automated through web callback or mobile applications.
- Call number tracking – It is not web-based. The incoming phone call is registered using traditional phone servers and specific tracking numbers.
- Static number tracking – It helps marketers assign a separate phone number to online and traditional marketing channels such as newspaper, TV, billboards, etc.
- Dynamic call tracking – It allows websites to swap phone numbers for each user who lands on their site. Channel-based tracking and unique session tracking are the two main methods of dynamic call tracking.
Call tracking is essential for businesses that want to increase their call volume and revenue. They have numerous features that not only improve customer interactions but can have a major impact on a business’s ROI.